This hands-on WordPress training course will quickly teach you how to manage a WordPress website and use it to grow your business online using the full range of tools and strategies favoured by leading digital marketers.
Learn interactively by working through business-focused exercises on a practice WordPress website and gain practical experience using premium sales and lead generation software tools.
The course takes (on average) 12 hours to complete and upon completion participants will have gained the skills and confidence needed to take control of their own business website.
On completing this WordPress training course, you will have gained the skills and confidence to manage and promote your WordPress website.
You will also gain practical experience planning, implementing and measuring the ROI of a comprehensive digital marketing plan for your business.
The objective of this course is to help you to make maximum impact online with minimum expense.
Learning outcomes include:
- plan and manage the development of a website. Learn best practices and get advice from your tutor with regards any specific projects you are working on
- update content on your website. Learn how to create pages, edit text, upload images, insert videos etc
- search engine marketing. Drive traffic to your site from search engines by outranking competitor and through paid (PPC) advertising
- inbound marketing. Learn how to drive traffic and connect with customers with proven techniques such as blogging, content marketing, email marketing and social media
- generating leads. Learn how to increase the number of leads you capture and how to use automated system to nurture those leads turning them into prospects and sales.
- website administration. Learn how to take backups and keep your website secure and up-to date.
- business development. Learn how to set targets and measure the performance of your website and various marketing strategies with free analytics software
- sales and monetization. Learn about the various methods of generating revenue online, which include: e-commerce, selling advertising, offering subscription services and affiliate marketing
This course is delivered fully-online and on-demand – meaning you can work at your own pace, from anywhere.
The syllabus is broken down into 10 modules. Each module focuses on a specific business outcome:
- Building a website (or managing a website development project)
- Website management (day-to-day operations)
- Getting traffic and connecting with customers
- Capturing leads and generating sales
Each module is broken down into two hands-on exercises which you will work through on your practice WordPress website.
Exercises take approximately 30 minutes to complete and consist of a short-video and concise notes that will step you through carrying out a specific business task on your practice site.
This form of “hands-on learning” means you gain strategic knowledge and real-world experience at the same time, greatly reducing the time it takes for you to master the full range of digital marketing skills and allowing you to start putting them to use right away for your business.
- There is no previous experience, qualifications or software required to participate on this course. All you need is a laptop or desktop computer and an Internet connection.
- The course is designed for non-technical website owners and end-users. i.e. small business owners, bloggers or anyone responsible for the maintenance and marketing of a WordPress website
- No special skills are required. Learners should be comfortable operating a modern web browser (like Google Chrome or Firefox) and sending email etc. Suitable for beginners.
WordPress Training Course Outline
Module 01: Introducing WordPress
- Setting up WordPress on a web server
- Logging in and Basic Operations
Module 02: Building a website
- Working with Themes (Build a site from scratch in 30mins)
- Working with Plugins (Lead generation)
Module 03: Content Management
- Updating your sites content
- Editing text and image with WordPress
Module 04: Search Engine Marketing
- Keyword Research (Targeting the most valuable searches)
- Search Engine Optimization (Ranking on Google)
Module 05: Inbound marketing
- Content Marketing (Blogging)
- Building rapport and developing a community
Module 06: Nurturing leads / Building Relationships
- Social Media Marketing
- Email Marketing
Module 07: Selling Online
- E-Commerce (Adding the ability to list and sell products)
- Google Analytics
Module 08: Website Administration
- Understanding and improving website security
- Taking backups (Important)
Why choose this WordPress training course?
- It’s practical – Unlike many other lecture-based training courses, this course focuses on practical skills that you can immediately apply to your business so that you can start driving more traffic and more sales online.
- It’s on-demand – Because this course is delivered online, you can learn from anywhere at anytime, on any device. Lessons are accessible from your phone, your tablet or your computer and can be taken from home, the office, the train – or anywhere.
- Hands-on support – Getting 1-on-1 help and support from a teacher in a crowded lecture hall is next to impossible. With our online system, you will have full access to a leading expert who will take a proactive interest in your specific set of business requirements and offer you support, guidance and assistance every step of the way.
Kind words from past students
As an online business owner, I want my staff to be able to use/update/improve content elements within our sites. I signed 5 of my staff up for Brian’s course, and found not only did they enjoy the learning involved, but it made my job easier, in that they were able to initiate improvements without any input from myself or my developer. Solved my problem and more. Great value and well supported.
What sets WP Applied apart from other WordPress courses is the fact that each member gets their hands dirty with the real tools of the trade: web hosting, WordPress, themes, plugins and all the other services real online business owners use on a daily basis. There’s a lot of bullshitters out there selling “get rich on the Internet” training. WP Applied is teaching real skills that will help people for many years.
Blogger, Internet Marketer, WordPress Expert
“I really got a lot from Brian WordPress course. It allowed me to understand the essentials of WordPress and helped greatly in the redevelopment of the website I manage for work www.hcgi.ie. I can really recommend taking the course as an introduction to this challenging but, ultimately, very user friendly programme.”
Sara Waldburg, HCGI.ie (Home, Castles and Gardens of Ireland)
“The course gave me a great grounding in the basics and each module provides very practical training on the key aspects like search, social media and analytics. At the end of the course I had a much better understanding of how my website works and a plan of how to make it work better for me in the future”
Diarmuid Crowley, Wild Orchard Beverages
This course is an extraordinary source of useful and insightful WordPress lessons. Brian does a marvellous job of explaining complex concepts in a way which makes them very easy to understand. This hands-on approach to teaching is very important and brings people up to speed using WordPress very quickly.
Vedran Fak, Community Manager at Templatic
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need any special software? No. To complete this WordPress training course you just need: an Internet connection and a laptop or desktop computer with a web browser and speakers/headphones. Smartphone’s and tablets are not suitable.
- What plugins do you cover? Gravity forms, WooCommerce, SEO by Yoast, MailPoet, Analytics by Yoast, Bloom by Elegant Themes, Monarch by Elegant themes, OIO Publisher, BackWPup
- What themes do you cover? You will learn how to use a theme called WhiteSpace Pro by StudioPress – which is a really good example of a well developed theme using the Genesis framework. Most lessons will work with the default WordPress theme – Twenty Eleven.
- How long do I have access for? You get full access to the lessons, support, free web hosting and various software packages for 3 months from commencement of the course.
- Do I need a background in marketing or IT? No. The course is designed for beginners with no previous experience.
- How much work is involved? The course consists of 20 core lessons and each lesson takes 30-40minutes to complete. On average, the course involved 1 hour a week over 12 weeks.
- How can I get help if I need it? Your progress is closely monitored by your tutor. You can ask for help without leaving a lesson and the tutor will generally respond within minutes. The tutor can also see your practice site and fix problems for you remotely
- How much does the course cost? We’re delighted to offer a special introductory price for this training at just €399, with an early-bird price of only €299.
- What do I get when I register? Instant access to 20 interactive lessons, first-class support from an experienced tutor, a free WordPress website to practice on, access to premium software for building and marketing your website valued at more than €500 – and a 30 day money-back guarantee if you are not 100% satisfied with our service
- When does the course start? The next start date is September 2015.
Still not sure? This training course comes with a money-back guarantee!
This WordPress training course has been piloted by leading third-level colleges and thousands of hours have gone into refining the lessons to make sure that you will quickly learn these powerful skills which will have an immediate and measurable impact on your business. I look forward to personally guiding you through developing and marketing your WordPress website and working with you as you put these skills to practice in growing your business online.
Thanks, Brian Duffy