The e-commerce training course on how to successfully set up and manage an e-commerce store so that it makes money, grows your business and your income. Your tutor is Neil Sisson, CEO and Founder of Lime Canvas – a digital agency that builds eCommerce stores and helps client’s increase their bottom line.
In 2015 the UK will see a raise in online sales of 16.2% to a total £52.25 billion. The average person in the UK will spend £1,174 online this year. In Germany the average predicted online spend per person is £1,023. Selling online has become big business and if you have an idea or want to start your own store, now is the time to learn how to do it right!
Right now the Irish Government are giving away match funding grants to businesses who want to get selling online. This can potentially reduce your eCommerce start up costs by half.
This course is for anyone thinking of starting their first eCommerce store, anyone looking to get into eCommerce store management, or for anyone who wants a higher degree of success on their 2nd eCommerce store.
This is a fundamentals course and although some of the topics are quite advanced this will give you a crucial grounding in all the essential fundamentals of selling products online and running an online business.
Module 01: Introduction & Mindset
- An introduction to e-commerce
- Biggest pitfalls to avoid (probably not what you think)
- The key things you absolutely must consider before building an eCommerce store
- Lingo Decoder & Key Metrics
- Q & A
Module 02: Planning & Business
- Planning your eCommerce store
Products, Delivery, Markets, Logistics, Administration, International tax, stock control, multiple currencies, multiple languages and more…
- Your unique selling proposition and your ideal target customer
- Assessing your competition online
Are they going to be easy or hard to beat?
- Keyword research and the true opportunity for your business
Find out how to tell if you’ll be a success before you even start.
- Q & A
Module 03: Fundamental Marketing
- Creating a Marketing Avatar (ideal buyer persona)
- Marketing & Advertising Overview & Options
A brief look at Social media marketing, Pay Per Click advertising, content marketing, search engine optimisation, video marketing, image marketing, guerilla marketing, blended campaigns
- Marketing plan & customer acquisition strategy
How are you going to get your customers? Where is the best place to find and reach your Ideal Customers?
- Price Slashing versus Offering Genuine Value
- On-Page SEO
How to set-up your eCommerce Store so that the search engines pay attention
- Q & A
Module 04: Content & Copy
- This is the more important element of your entire project
- Why the right site structure and content plan are CRUCIAL to success today
- What pages is your eCommerce store going to need?
- What other pages present an opportunity to educate, market or sell to new or existing customers?
- Compliance copy
What pages and content are you legally required to have?
- Upsells & cross selling
Online is hands down the best place to try and increase your Average Customer Order
- Buyers Lifecycle
Understanding what point in your Buyer’s Lifecycle your prospects are at will allow you to perform crazy powerful marketing directed at that stage of their lifecycle.
- Blogging & using helpful content to sell more units
- Q & A
Module 05: User Interface Design & Conversion
(This is totally code free – don’t worry 😉 )
- Introduction to a new way of thinking about your business
- Effective UI design fundamentals
Without these the only person who will buy from your store is your mum!
- How are you helping your ideal customer?
- Internet induced A.D.D., Conversion rates and locking down your prospects
- The two different but crucial conversion rates you need to track
- Introduction to Conversion Rate Optimisation
- Techniques to BOOST your conversion rate
- Q & A
Module 06: Recycle & Automate to Boost sales
- Email marketing is essential for eCommerce
- Why lazy, non compliant, SPAMMY email marketing doesn’t work
- Permission based email marketing for the win
- What emails are you going to send to customers and prospects?
- How can you automate the process to increase effectiveness while reducing workload
- Retargeting PPC advertising
- Abandoned Cart traffic & reminders
- Q & A
Module 07 Advanced: Platforms, Payments & Developers
- Introduction to platforms and CMS options
- Which platform should you choose? Shopify? WooCommerce? Magento? etc etc
- How taking payments online works
- Payment gateways, Merchant Accounts, Banks and getting paid
- What you need to know before you choose your developer
- Questions you need to ask anyone you’re considering to hire as a developer
- Q & A
Module 08 Advanced: Customer Service, Analytics & Reporting
- The Customer Journey
- How planned is your customer’s experience of your site?
- Automating follow up
- Introduction to Analytical Tools
- eCommerce & Analytics = Marriage made in heaven
- De-mystifying visits, sessions, unique visitors, hits, impressions, user flow, hotspots, and a whole bunch of other data & metrics
- What stats & metrics matter?
Bonus Module: eCommerce Blueprint
- Putting all the pieces together into an action plan
- eCommerce Blueprint Template
This checklist and template will allow you build your eCommerce Action Plan, making sure you don’t miss or forget anything.
- Content calendar & marketing plans
- Marketing questions
- Traffic hacks
Some top secret traffic hacks you can use to drive more traffic to your website
- Q & A
Bonus Module: Staffing & Outsourcing
- Being realistic: work load Vs resources at hand
- Create, systemise then delegate/outsource
- Who is the best person to employ to help your eCommerce store be successful?
- Where can you find cheap, reliable outsourcers online?
- Outsourcing tips & tricks
“We worked with Neil on numerous projects involving WordPress and e-commerce websites. Neil was always helpful, and a really knowledgeable eCommerce partner. It was a great comfort to be able to hand over a project I had designed knowing that Neil would take it through exactly as I wanted it to be with no fuss. We always had confidence in Neil and his team”
Barbara Monahan, Cube Design
“Neil has been an inspiring colleague working on the roll-out of our company. Combining deep knowledge of online and social media marketing with a sound degree of entrepreneurship, motivation and flexibility, Neil is a very valuable member of the team that grounded Appsfunder. Acting as a sparring partner for brainstorming on the strategic roadmap of this venture, his contributions always were relevant and to the point.”
Pascal DeKeyser, AppsFunder.com
“I found Neil extremely knowledgeable, helpful and professional . He made it very easy to relate my website objectives and he over delivered in terms of quality and speed in which the project was completed.”
Barry McAllorum, Aspect Build and Design
Why choose this E-commerce training course?
- It’s practical – Unlike many other lecture-based training courses, this course focuses on practical skills that you can immediately apply to your business so that you can start selling your products or services online.
- It’s on-demand – Because this course is delivered online, you can learn from anywhere at anytime, on any device. Lessons are accessible from your phone, your tablet or your computer and can be taken from home, the office, the train – or anywhere.
- Hands-on support – Getting 1-on-1 help and support from a teacher in a crowded lecture hall is next to impossible. With our online system, you will have full access to a leading expert who will take a proactive interest in your specific set of business requirements and offer you support, guidance and assistance every step of the way.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need any special software? No. You can complete this course from anywhere with an Internet connection. Suitable for users of laptops, desktops, tablets and smartphones.
- How long do I have access for? You get full access to the lessons and support for 3 months from commencement of the course.
- Do I need a background in marketing or IT? No. The course is designed for beginners with no previous experience.
- How much work is involved? The course consists of 8 core lessons and each lesson last 30-40minutes.
- How can I get help if I need it? Full support is offered by your tutor which is carried out via discussion forums. You can ask for help without leaving a lesson and the tutor will generally respond within minutes.
- How much does the course cost? We’re delighted to offer a special introductory price for this training at just €299.
- What do I get when I register? Once registered, you will be given full details on how to join the course. When the start date arrives, you will be able to log in to the virtual classroom and view the lesson for that week.
- When does the course start? TBA